Calories in Bok Choy
The Chinese cabbage, or 'Bok Choy' as it is otherwise known is a popular vegetable, but how many calories are in Boy Choy? This page is a simple, yet through guide to both Bok Choy calories and also Bok Choy nutrition facts. It explains whether Bok Choy is good for you or not in plain terms, by highlighting it's various nutritional benefits.
How many calories in Bok Choy / Chinese cabbage?
So how many calories in Bok Choy? First of all we look at the calories in Chinese cabbage, using a regular serving size.
- In a 170 g serving of boiled Bok Choy without salt there are 20 calories
- In a 70 g serving of raw Bok Choy there are 9 calories
Bok Choy calories by weight
Now we will look at Bok Choy calories by weight.
- In 1 oz of boiled Bok Choy without salt, there are 3 calories
- In 100 g of boiled Bok Choy without salt, there are 12 calories
- In 1 oz of raw Bok Choy there are 4 calories
- In 100 g of raw Bok Choy there are 13 calories
We hope that you have found the information that you were looking for when it comes to the calories Bok Choy contains. If you wish to learn about the various nutritional benefits of Bok Choy, please continue to read.
Bok Choy nutrition facts
The following Bok Choy nutrition facts are based on 100 g / 3.5 oz of boiled Bok Choy without salt.
- Vitamin A - 4249 IU (a very impressive 85% of your RDA)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.0 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.4 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.2 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 41.0 micrograms (a helpful 10% of your RDA)
- Vitamin B12 - 0.0 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 26.0 milligrams (a very useful 43% of the total you need in a day)
- Vitamin D - None
- Vitamin E - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 34.0 micrograms (a useful 42% of your recommended allowance)
- Choline - 12.1 milligrams
- Betaine - 0.2 milligram
- Calcium - 93 milligrams
- Copper - 0.0 milligrams
- Iron - 1.0 milligram
- Magnesium - 11.0 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.1 milligrams
- Phosphorus - 29.0 milligrams
- Potassium - 371 milligrams (11% of the total required in a day)
- Selenium - 0.4 micrograms
- Sodium - 34.0 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.2 milligrams
- Protein - 1.6 g
- Cholesterol - 0.0 milligrams
- Dietary Fiber - 1.0 g
- Carbohydrates - 1.8 g
- Water - 95.5 g
- Total fats - 0.2 g
- Sugars - 0.8 g
The RDA/RDI featured in this list applies to the average male adult and can vary due to age, gender and individual requirements due to medical reasons.
Find out much more about the nutrients that have been listed above by checking out our vitamins and minerals menu. We have a page for each one explaining exactly what positive contributions they make to the health of your body, and highlighting all of the other foods that act as a rich source of them.
Is Bok Choy good for you?
One common question that you might be asking is whether Bok Choy is good for you or not, and in this section we aim to provide you with an answer. Bok Choy is a vegetable, and therefore it has a lot of natural goodness, which comes in the form of the various nutrients that it contains.
Being a plant food this also means that it has no cholesterol in. As you have seen further up the page, there are very few Bok Choy calories to concern yourself with either. Add these positive points to the fact that there is barely any fat or sugar in Bok Choy and really is abundantly clear that this is a food that can play a very positive role in your diet indeed.
Thank you for taking the time to read our page all about how many calories are in Bok Choy, or Chinese Cabbage, as well as Bok Choy nutrition facts. We trust that you have found the information that you were looking for.
To the left of the page is a menu of the other foods and beverages that we have provided calorie and nutritional information on, so please feel free to have a browse while you are here.
Please take a quick moment to like and recommend us, using the social buttons at the top of the page. Feel free to bookmark us so that we are just a click away in the future for the next time you want to find out about calories and nutrients in foods. We are constantly adding to the site and updating the free information that we have on offer.
Any feedback can be left on our Facebook page.