How Many Calories in a Cauliflower?
The cauliflower is a very popular vegetable that is produced and eaten all around the world, but how many calories are in cauliflower? This page is a comprehensive guide to not only cauliflower calories, but also the amazing cauliflower nutrition facts that highlight just why this vegetable should play a part in any nutritious diet.
A wonderful source of vitamins C and K, the cauliflower is something that is a common choice with roast dinners, as well as being the main ingredient to the popular dish cauliflower cheese.
How many calories in cauliflower? - Raw
- A 3.5 oz serving of raw cauliflower has 25 calories
Cauliflower calories - Boiled with no salt
- A 3.5 oz serving of boiled cauliflower has 25 calories
Calories cauliflower contains by weight
- 1 oz of boiled cauliflower without salt has approximately 7 calories
- 10 g of boiled cauliflower without salt has approximately 3 calories
- 1 oz of raw cauliflower without salt has approximately 7 calories
- 10 g of raw cauliflower without salt has approximately 3 calories
How many calories in cauliflower cheese?
Cauliflower cheese is a popular dish, so let's now look at cauliflower cheese calories.
- A 3.5 oz serving of cauliflower cheese there are 50 calories
- In 1 oz of cauliflower cheese there are 14 calories
- In 10 g of cauliflower cheese there are 5 calories
We hope that this section has been able to successfully show you how many calories in cauliflower. To find out all about the amazing nutritional benefits of cauliflower, please continue to read out next section.
Are Cauliflowers Good For You?
Now it's time to answer a question that could be lingering at the back of your mind, 'are cauliflowers good for you?'. You can rest assured that this vegetable, just like all of the others we have featured on this site, is crammed full of nutrients that are going to provide your body with nothing but positive benefits. Not only is it low in calories, but it can play an active role in maintaining good health if you were to ensure that it is a regular feature in your diet.
Cauliflower nutrition facts
The following cauliflower nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz or 100g of boiled cauliflower:
- Vitamin A - 12 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.4 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.5 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.2 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 44 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 44.3 milligrams (an impressive 74% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Vitamin E- 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 13.8 micrograms
- Calcium - 16 milligrams
- Copper - 0.00 milligrams
- Iron - 0.3 milligrams
- Magnesium - 9 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.1 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 32 milligrams
- Potassium - 142 milligrams
- Selenium - 0.6 micrograms
- Sodium - 15 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.2 milligrams
- Choline - 39.1 milligrams
- Betaine - 0.1 milligrams
- Protein - 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber - 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 4.4 g
- Water - 93 g
- Total fats - 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
If you would like to find out more about the nutrients that have been listed above, and the exact roles they play in the upkeep of your body, please check out our sister site: www.vitamins-minerals-in-foods.com
We trust that the information that you read on calories in cauliflower, and cauliflower nutrition facts has been useful to you. To learn more about the calories found in other vegetables, as well as a wide range of other everyday foods, please check out the menu on the left hand side of the page. If you do not have the time to look around right now, they perhaps you could bookmark us and visit again in the future? We also have a regularly updated blog that you may also find interesting.