How Many Calories in a Cucumber?
Cucumber is another very popular vegetable that is most commonly found in salads and sandwiches, but how many calories are in cucumber? The page you are now on is devoted to explaining cucumber calories as well as providing you with all of the cucumber nutrition facts that you will need.
Besides being another vegetable that is low in calories, the cucumber is a magnificent source of vitamin K and also a good source of vitamin C, it has a very high water content making it incredibly healthy and a must for anybody watching their weight and counting calories.
How many calories does a cucumber have?
So how many calories does a cucumber have? Here we are going to provide you with all of the information you need when it comes to calories cucumber contains, using a variety of different examples.
How many calories in a cucumber?
- A large whole cucumber without skin weighing 10 oz has approximately 33 calories
- A small whole cucumber without skin weighing 5.6 oz has approximately 20 calories
- A whole cucumber with skin weighing 10.5 oz has approximately 44 calories
Calories in cucumber by weight
- 1 oz of cucumber with skin has approximately 4 calories in
- 10 g of cucumber with skin has approximately 2 calories
- 1 oz of cucumber without skin has approximately 3 calories
- 10 g of cucumber without skin has approximately 1 calorie in
Cucumber calories - cup of cucumber
- A cup of sliced cucumber with skin weighing 3.5 oz has approximately 16 calories
- A cup of sliced cucumber without skin weighing 4.3 ox has approximately 14 calories
We hope that the information on cucumber calories has been helpful, we are now going to cover the nutritional benefits of cucumber.
Cucumber nutrition facts
The following cucumber nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz or 100 g of raw cucumber with the skin/peel:
- Vitamin A - 105 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.3 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 7 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 2.8 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 16.4 micrograms (an impressive 21% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Calcium - 16 milligrams
- Copper - 0.00 milligrams
- Iron - 0.3 milligrams
- Magnesium - 13 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.1 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 24 milligrams
- Potassium - 147 milligrams
- Selenium - 0.3 micrograms
- Sodium - 2 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.2 milligrams
- Choline - 6 milligrams
- Betaine - 0.1 milligrams
- Fluoride - 1.3 micrograms
- Protein - 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates - 3.6 g
- Water - 95.2 g
- Total fats - 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
If you would like to find out more about the nutrients that have been listed above, and the exact roles they play in the upkeep of your body, please check out our sister site: www.vitamins-minerals-in-foods.com
We trust that the information that you read on calories in cucumber, and cucumber nutrition facts has been useful to you. To learn more about the calories found in other vegetables, as well as a wide range of other everyday foods, please check out the menu on the left hand side of the page. If you do not have the time to look around right now, they perhaps you could bookmark us and visit again in the future? We also have a regularly updated blog that you may also find interesting.