How Many Calories in Lettuce
The lettuce is arguably the most popular ingredient to any salad, but how many calories are in lettuce? This page is a comprehensive guide to the number of lettuce calories that you will be consuming if this vegetable plays a role in your diet.
We also provide you with the important lettuce nutrition facts that highlight just how good for you the lettuce is, and why if you don't eat it, perhaps you should.
If you are interested in the calories found in other popular salad foods, why not check out our page on how many calories in a tomato?
How many calories in lettuce?
Including romaine lettuce calories and iceberg lettuce calories.
We are not going to explain how many calories in lettuce using the two most popular types of lettuce, the romaine and iceberg lettuce.
Calories in romaine lettuce - Raw edible portion
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce weighing approx 1.7 oz - 8 calories
- 1 head of lettuce weighing 1 lb - 106 calories
- 1 leaf weighing approx 1 oz - 5 calories
- 10 g of romaine lettuce - 2 calories
Calories in iceberg lettuce - Raw edible portion
- 1 small leaf weighing approx 0.2 oz - 1 calorie in
- 1 medium leaf weighing approx 0.3 oz - 1 calorie in
- 1 large leaf weighing approx 0.5 oz - 2 calories
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce weighing approx 1.8 oz - 8 calories
- 1 small head of lettuce weighing approx 11.3 oz - 45 calories
- 1 medium head of lettuce weighing approx 1 lb 3 oz - 75 calories
- 1 large head of lettuce weighing approx 1 lb 11.5 oz - 109 calories
- 1 oz of iceberg lettuce - 4 calories
- 10 g of iceberg lettuce - 1 calorie
If you are interested in how many calories are found in salad then why not take a look at the various other pages that we have on calories in popular vegetables in order to see which ingredients offer which calories to your preferred mix. Now that we have covered lettuce calories we will next go on to cover the nutritional benefits of lettuce. There really is much more to our site than just calories lettuce contains.
Lettuce nutrition facts
The following lettuce nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz or 100 g of raw iceberg lettuce:
- Vitamin A - 502 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.49 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.00 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 29 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 2.8 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 0.20 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 24.1 milligrams (an impressive 30% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Calcium - 18 milligrams
- Copper - 0.00 milligrams
- Iron - 0.4 milligrams
- Magnesium - 7 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.1 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 20 milligrams
- Potassium - 141 milligrams
- Selenium - 0.1 micrograms
- Sodium - 10 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.2 milligrams
- Choline - 6.7 milligrams
- Betaine - 0.1 milligrams
- Protein - 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates - 3.2 g
- Water - 95.6 g
- Total fats - 0.1 g
- Sugars - 2 g
We hope that the information that we have provided on calories in lettuce, and also lettuce nutrition facts, have been helpful. To find out more about the calories found in other popular vegetables, alongside a variety of everyday foods and drinks, please check out the other pages that we have listed on the menu. If you don't have the time to look around now, why not bookmark us so that you can come back later on?