How Many Calories in Pomegranates?
Thank you for visiting our page all about pomegranate calories and pomegranate nutrition facts. Here we are committed to telling you how many calories in pomegranate, as well as highlighting the many nutritional benefits that can be obtained by eating this healthy fruit. We will provide various examples of the calories pomegranates contain, such as those found in both pomegranate seeds and pomegranate juice.
Rich in vitamins C and K, as well as Folate, the pomegranate is a nutritious fruit that can bring many positive benefits to your diet.
How many calories in a pomegranate?
First of all let's look at the calories that you will find in a whole pomegranate.
- In a whole pomegranate weighing 9.9 oz there are 235 calories
Calories pomegranate contains by weight
Now let's look at the calories found in pomegranate by the weight of the edible fruit.
- In 1 oz of raw pomegranate there are 24 calories
- In 10 g of raw pomegranate there are 8 calories
How many calories in pomegranate seeds?
Pomegranate seeds are often eaten on their own, so let's look a the calories that they contain.
- In a 0.4 oz serving of pomegranate seeds there are 5 calories
- In 1 oz of pomegranate seeds there are 12 calories
Calories in pomegranate juice
- In an 8.1 fl oz cup of pomegranate juice there are 158 calories
- In 1 fl oz of pomegranate juice there are 20 calories
- In 25 ml of pomegranate juice there are 17 calories
We hope that the above information on calories pomegranate contains has been useful to you. Please continue to read in order to see all of the amazing nutritional benefits of pomegranate.
Pomegranate nutrition facts
The following pomegranate nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz, or 100 g of raw pomegranate:
- Vitamin A - 0.00 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.3 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.4 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 38 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 10.2 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 0.6 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 16.4 micrograms (an impressive 21% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Calcium - 10 milligrams
- Copper - 0.2 milligrams
- Iron - 0.3 milligrams
- Magnesium - 12 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.1 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 36 milligrams
- Potassium - 236 milligrams
- Selenium - 0.5 micrograms
- Sodium - 3 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.4 milligrams
- Choline - 7.6 milligrams
- Protein - 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber - 4 g
- Carbohydrates - 18.7 g
- Water - 77.9 g
- Total fats - 1.2 g
- Sugars - 13.7 g
The RDA/RDI featured in this list applies to the average male adult and can vary due to age, gender and individual requirements due to medical reasons.
Find out much more about the various nutrients that are listed above by checking out our vitamins and minerals in foods menu. We have a page for each one explaining exactly what positive contributions they make to the health of your body, and highlighting all of the other foods that they can be found in.
We trust that the information that we have provided on this page in relation to both pomegranate calories, and pomegranate nutrition facts, has been helpful.
If you would like to know more about the calories that are found in other fruits, as well as a huge selection of every day foods and beverages, please check out the other pages that we have, listed down the left hand side of the page. If you don't have time to look around now, perhaps you could bookmark us and come back in the future?