How Many Calories are in Whiskey?
Whiskey is a popular alcoholic spirit, or distilled alcoholic beverage, that is drank all around the world, but how many calories are whiskey?
This page is going to provide you with examples of whiskey calories, such those found in common brands such as Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort.
How many calories in whiskey?
Whiskey is usually consumed on it's own or with a mixer such as coke or lemonade, below we have provides you with examples of calories whiskey holds on it's own and including these.
- There are 2 calories per ml of 40% whiskey
- There are 73 calories per 1 fl oz of 40% whiskey
- There are 3 calories per ml of 50% whiskey
- There are 82 calories per 1 fl oz of 50% whiskey
- 1.5 fl oz 50% whiskey with mixer - 124 calories
- 1.5 fl oz 40% whiskey with mixer - 110 calories
Calories in Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels is a very popular brand of whiskey that is normally consumed in bars or at home with a mixer, below we have various examples of Jack Daniels calories:
- A 1.5 fl oz shot of Jack Daniels has 98 calories in
- 1 fl oz of Jack Daniels has 64 calories in
- 25 ml of Jack Daniels has 54 calories in
- Single Jack Daniels and coke 25ml/0.85 fl oz - 129 calories
- Double Jack Daniels and coke 50ml/1.7 fl oz - 193 calories
- Single Jack Daniels and diet coke 25ml/0.85 fl oz - 64 calories
- Double Jack Daniels and diet coke 50ml/1.7 fl oz - 128 calories
Calories in Southern Comfort
Southern Comfort is another popular whiskey that is generally consumed with a mixer at home or in a bar, below you will see various examples of Southern Comfort calories:
- A 1.5 fl oz shot of Southern Comfort has 97 calories in
- 1 fl oz of Southern Comfort has 65 calories in
- 25 ml of Southern Comfort has 55 calories in
- Single Southern Comfort and lemonade 25ml/0.85 fl oz - 73 calories
- Double Southern Comfort and lemonade 50ml/1.7 fl oz - 119 calories
- Single Southern Comfort and diet lemonade 25ml/0.85 fl oz - 48 calories
- Double Southern Comfort and diet lemonade 50ml/1.7 fl oz - 94 calories
Please note that the examples of calories in Southern Comfort above are for 70 proof.
Calories in Jim Beam whiskey
The examples below are for Jim Beak Bourbon whiskey 80 proof, 40% alch
- A 1.5 fl oz shot of Jim Beam whiskey has 100 calories in
- 1 fl oz of Jim Beam whiskey has 66 calories in
- 25 ml of Jim Beam Whiskey has 56 calories
Calories in Johnny Walker whiskey
- A 1.5 fl oz shot of Johnny Walker black label whiskey has 105 calories in
- 1 fl oz of Johnny Walker black label whiskey has 70 calories in
- 25 ml of Johnny Walker black label whiskey has 59 calories in
When it comes to Johnny walker whiskey calories, the above numbers are the same for Johnny Walker, red label, blue label and green label too.
Jameson whiskey calories
- In a 1.5 fl oz shot of Jameson Irish whiskey there are 104 calories
- In 1 fl oz of Jameson Irish whiskey there are 69 calories
- In 25 ml of Jameson Irish whiskey there are 58 calories
Obviously each brand of whiskey is made differently to the next, so therefore the calories that they contain will also differ. It is always a good idea to read the label of the bottle before you consume the whiskey in order to find out the exact number of calories whiskey contains in that instance.
We trust that information that we have provided on the calories in whiskey has has been of use to you. If you would like to find out the number of calories that everyday foods and beverages contain, please take the time to look at the various other pages that we have on our site. The menu on the left hand side of the page is a good guide to start with. If you do not have the time to look around today then why not bookmark us and come back another time?
Any feedback can be left on our Facebook page.