Calories in Cabbage
Cabbage is a very popular vegetable that can be eaten with a variety of different foods both cooked and raw, but how many calories are in cabbage?
This page is devoted to showing you not only all about cabbage calories, but also all you will ever need to know on cabbage nutrition.
How many calories in cabbage?
Cabbage is another green, leafy vegetable that is loaded with vitamins and minerals, just like spinach is. It can be eaten either boiled, cooked or raw and we have used various examples when it comes to how many calories in cabbage below:
Calories in raw cabbage, edible leaves
- 1 small leaf of cabbage weighing approx 0.5 oz - 4 calories
- medium leaf of cabbage weighing approx 0.8 oz - 6 calories
- 1 large leaf of cabbage weighing approx 1.2 oz - 8 calories
- 1 shredded cup of cabbage weighing approx 2.5 oz - 17 calories
- 1 small head of cabbage weighing approx 1 lb and 9 oz - 170 calories
- 1 medium head of cabbage weighing approx 2 lbs - 218 calories
- 1 large head of cabbage weighing approx 2 lbs - 12 oz has 300 calories
Cabbage calories - Boiled, drained and without salt added
- 1/2 cup of cabbage weighing approx 2.6 oz has 17 calories in
- 1 head weighing approx 12.5 oz has 275 calories in
Calories cabbage contains by weight
- 1 oz of boiled cabbage has 6 calories in
- 10 g of boiled cabbage has 2 calories in
- 1 oz of raw cabbage leaf - 7 calories
- 10 g of raw cabbage leaf - 2 calories
How many calories in Chinese cabbage?
- A single Chinese cabbage leaf weighing 0.5 oz has 2 calories in
- A 2.5 z cup of shredded Chinese cabbage has 9 calories in
- 1 oz of Chinese cabbage has 4 calories in
- 10 g of Chinese cabbage has 1 calorie in
As you can see there are very few calories in cabbage which makes it an essential part of any healthy diet plan. To see the many amazing nutritional benefits of cabbage, please see the following section on cabbage nutrition.
Are cabbages good for you?
This is a good question, and one that is easily answered with the information that this page provides. You can see from the calories that it contains that it is not going to vastly increase your calorific intake, and you can see below in our section on nutrition facts that it offers the consumer a wide range of vitamins and minerals. In fact you can contribute soundly to the daily nutritional needs of your body if you were to make cabbage a consistent part of your diet.
Cabbage nutrition facts
The following cabbage nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz or 100 g or boiled cabbage without any salt added:
- Vitamin A - 80 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.0 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 0.2 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 0.2 milligrams
- Vitamin B6 - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 30 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 37.5 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 109 micrograms (an enormous 136% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Calcium - 48 milligrams
- Copper - 0.01 milligrams
- Iron - 0.2 milligrams
- Magnesium - 15 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.2 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 33 milligrams
- Potassium - 196 milligrams
- Selenium - 0.6 micrograms
- Sodium - 8 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.2 milligrams
- Choline - 20.3 milligrams
- Betaine - 0.3 milligrams
- Fluoride - 1.0 microgram
- Protein - 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates - 5.5 g
- Water - 92.6 g
- Total fats - 0.1 g
- Sugars - 2.8 g
If you would like to learn more on the nutrients that have been listed above, such as other foods that they can be found in, and the many positive benefits that they can provide your body with, please check out our sister site: www.vitamins-minerals-in-food.com
We trust that you have found all the information that you were looking for when it comes to how many calories in cabbage, as well as cabbage nutrition. If you would like to find out all about the calories found in other popular vegetables, as well as a wide selection of everyday foods and beverages, please check out the other pages that we have on our site. These are listed on the menu that you can see on the left hand side of the page. Of you do not have the time to look around now, why not bookmark us and come back in the future?
Any feedback can be left on our Facebook page.