How Many Calories in Meat?
Welcome to our page all about meat calories where we have provided you with a wealth of free information in order to answer the question, 'how many calories in meat?'.
For those of us who aren't vegetarian we find various meat related foods in our diet most days of our lives, if not all of them. But have you ever wondered how many calories in bacon orsteak? We have listed a variety of different meat related products on this page in order to give you an idea as to the number of calories that you will be consuming, if these are the type of thing that you like to eat.
Calorie counting is something that more and more people are doing across the world every day, and the need to find out exactly what we are putting into our bodies is becoming ever greater. The information that we have on this page, and throughout the site, is designed to be simple to read easy for you to use.
If you are interested specifically in how many calories are found in chicken, please click the link to see our dedicated page to this particular meat.
How many calories in steak?
When you think about how many calories in meat, lots of people are going to really be wondering how many calories in steak. You really can't beat a nice piece of steak, whether it's rump, sirloin, rib eye or t-bone. In this next section we are going to cover steak calories for you using a variety of different types of steak. What you will want to pay close attention to is the weight of the steak as well as the type of the steak as ultimately this is what is going to vary when you make or buy your own, when it comes to the steak calories that you will be consuming.
Calories in sirloin steak
- In a medium 6 oz cooked sirloin steak there are approximately 320 calories
- In 1 oz of lean cooked sirloin steak there are approximately 55 calories
- In 10 g of lean cooked sirloin steak there are approximately 20 calories
Calories in t-bone steak
- In a medium 6 oz cooked t-bone steak there are approximately 301 calories
- In 1 oz of lean cooked t-bone steak there are approximately 50 calories
- In 10 g of lean cooked t-bone steak there are approximately 18 calories
Calories in rib eye steak
- In a medium 6 oz cooked rib eye steak there are approximately 450 calories
- In 1 oz of lean cooked rib eye steak there are approximately 75 calories
- In 10 g of lean cooked rib eye steak there are approximately 25 calories
The standard serving of a steak in restaurants is 3 oz so that may give you a better idea when it comes to calculating how many calories are found in the average steak. These calorific calues can also vary depending on whether there is any fat on the steak as well.
Obviously when we are talking about how many calories in steak we are referring to beef steak. We hope that this section on steak calories has been useful to you and that you have figured out just how many calories are in your favorite type of steak.
How many calories in bacon?
All meat loves like a nice bit of bacon, whether it is bacon with their eggs in the morning, bacon in their burgers or even a nice bacon sandwich. This is why it is vital to point out how many calories in bacon on a page that is all about calories found in meat. Below we have listed several examples of bacon calories for you, going on the average brands that you will buy in the supermarket and that you will be served when you eat bacon out in restaurants.
- In a medium 0.3 oz slice of cooked bacon there is approximately 45 calories
- In a thick 0.4 slice of cooked bacon there is approximately 60 calories
- In a 4 oz serving of cooked bacon there is approximately 610 calories
- In 1 oz of cooked bacon there is approximately 152 calories
- In 10 g of cooked bacon there is approximately 55 calories
We hope that you found our section on calories in bacon useful, there are plenty more examples of meat calories to be found further down the page so please read on.
How many calories in a hotdog?
Whether you are at the game or at one of many fast food venues, there is always the temptation to have a hotdog, but how many calories in a hotdog? The information that we are about to provide you will tell you all you need to know about hotdog calories.
- A small 3.8 oz hotdog in it's roll with tomato ketchup has approximately 370 calories in
- A medium 4 oz hotdog in it's roll with tomato ketchup has approximately 310 calories in
- A large 4.8 oz hotdog in it's roll with tomato ketchup has approximately 365 calories in
- An extra large 6 oz hotdog in it's roll with tomato ketchup has approximately 440 calories in
We hope that the above examples have answered the question 'how many calories in a hot dog?', for you. There are so many more examples of calories in meat on this page so please have a look before you head off.
How many calories in turkey?
Turkey is another popular meat that people eat all year round, but of course more commonly over Thanks Giving and the Christmas period, but how many calories in turkey? This section is going to provide you with an insight into the number of turkey calories that you are consuming if you regularly eat this tender white meat.
- A 1 oz serving of turkey breast meat has approximately 30 calories in
- A 10 g serving of turkey breast meat has approximately 10 calories
- A 4 oz serving of roasted turkey breast meat without the skin has approximately 155 calories in
- A single turkey breast, roasted, without skin, weighing 10.8 oz has approximately 415 calories
- 1 oz of roasted turkey breast without skin has approximately 40 calories in
- 10 g of roasted turkey breast without skin has approximately 15 calories
- A 4 oz serving of turkey thigh, roasted, with skin has approximately 195 calories in
- 1 oz of turkey thigh, roasted, with skin has approximately 50 calories
- 10 g of turkey thigh, roasted, with skin has approximately 18 calories in
We hope that you have found the information on calories in turkey that you are looking for in the above list. If you are eating turkey as an ingredient to a salad, or a sandwich, remember to look at the label to find out the total number of calories as this will obviously be increased due to the calorific values of the accompanying foods.
How many calories in ham?
In this next section we are going to cover how many calories are in ham. Ham is a very popular meat that is used as both a vital part of a main meal, a snack or as a popular sandwich ingredient.
- A 3 oz serving of boneless lean roasted ham has approximately 140 calories
- A 1 oz serving of boneless lean roasted ham has approximately 48 calories in
- A 10 g serving of boneless lean roasted ham has approximately 18 calories
- A 2.2 oz serving of extra lean/luncheon meat deli ham 5% fat has approximately 70 calories in
- 1 slice of deli/luncheon meat ham weighing 1 oz with 11% fat has approximately 45 calories
We hope that the examples of ham calories that have been provided above have been useful. Even in a sandwich ham will usually come with other ingredients such as salad, cheese and mayonnaise, so to be sure of the total calorific value of the sandwich it is always a good idea to check the label as this will have all of the relevant nutritional information.
How many calories in chicken?
With chicken being arguably the most popular item when it comes to meat calories, we have given it a whole page devoted to the number of calories found in chicken and the many different varieties that it comes in, please click here to view it.
How many calories in a pork chop?
When it comes to calories in meat one of the most popular things that people might be looking up is how many calories in a pork chop? This next section provides some examples of pork chop calories both with and without the bone.
- A 3 oz pork chop center loin with bone has approximately 205 calories
- A 1 oz serving of pork chop center loin with bone has approximately 69 calories
- A 10 g serving of pork chop center loin with bone has approximately 24 calories
- A 4 oz pork chop center loin without bone has approximately 240 calories
- A 1 oz serving of pork chop center loin without bone has approximately 60 calories
- A 10 g serving of pork chop center loin without bone has approximately 20 calories
We hope that this section on calories in a pork chop has been useful, please read on for more examples of meat calories.
How many calories in a cheeseburger?
There are few meat lovers that do not like the thought and taste of a nice tasty cheeseburger. However, as we all know two cheeseburgers are not the same and it depends where you buy your cheeseburger from and what you have in it that will determine the number of cheeseburger calories it that you are going to be consuming. So here we are going to answer the question 'how many calories in a cheeseburger?', using a variety of different examples. Obviously with a cheeseburger there is more than just meat calories to think about as there is the bun, any salad and whatever other additional ingredients you choose to have with it.
- There are approximately 300 calories in a MacDonalds cheeseburger
- There are approximately 350 calories in a Wendy's cheeseburger deluxe
- There are approximately 300 calories in a Burger King cheeseburger
- There are approximately 450 calories in a Burger King double cheeseburger
- There are approximately 490 calories in a Burger King bacon double cheeseburger
These are examples of the most basic cheeseburger calories, it is always wise to remember that by doubling up, or adding things such as relish and bacon to a cheeseburger it is always going to increase the calorific value.
We hope that this section has helped you to recognise how many calories are found in a cheeseburger.
We have already mentioned that we have a page dedicated solely to chicken calories, but beside that we also have pages covering all of the most popular food groups.
Please take the time to have a look around at all of the free information that the site has to offer in addition to meat calories. If you want to know how many calories you should eat a day then why not see our page that can tell you exactly the right number to suit you as an individual, this can be the start to your calorie counting efforts.