List of High Calorie Foods
If you are wondering which foods to avoid because you are actively counting the calories that you consume on a daily basis then you have come to the right place. Our list of high calorie foods will show you some of the common foods that can be avoided in order to keep your calorie consumption down. It is not always obvious which foods are high in calories and this means people can be eating some of the highest calorie foods without even realising.
In addition to this page on high calorie food we also have one with a list of low calorie foods on so please take the time to check this out while you are online as well.
The desire to watch our weight and get healthy is something that is becoming ever more popular and one of the best ways to do this is to calorie count. This page along with all of the rest of the pages on this site provide you with basic and easy to understand information on the calories found in everyday foods to help people that calorie count plan their meals for the days and weeks ahead and to help them to avoid foods high in calories and even to point them in the direction of foods that are low in calories.
If you want to know how many calories you should eat a day then we have a page dedicated to giving an answer to you specifically!
Eating a lot of high calorie food is alright if you are very active and are burning them off at a similar rate to that which you consume them. However, with many of them they are also filled with other things that are generally not good for the body in high amounts so it is always best to eat the highest calorie foods in moderation or avoid them if you are somebody with a slow metabolism or who is not very active. For more information on metabolism and foods that boost your metabolism please click here.
High calorie foods list
We are now going to provide you with a list of high calorie foods. Of course there are a great deal of foods out there that are loaded with calories, fast food, sweets, chocolate and other such treats are prime examples of these foods high in calories. Generally if something tastes good it is full of calories, that is not always the case of course but more often than not the things you love will have to be avoided or eaten in severe moderation if you are watching your weight and the high calorie food that you consume. As you will see from the high calorie foods list, salad dressings, animal fats, cheese and fast food are all common culprits.
Fast food and takeaways
It goes without saying really that all of the tasty fast food and take away meals that are readily available to us on every street corner and high street are loaded with calories and are definitely deemed high calorie foods. Many fast food outlets do offer healthier options such as salads but the main food that they do such as fried chicken, burgers and hot dogs to name just a few are all foods high in calories. As you will see fast food is one of the highest calorie foods that you will come across on a regular basis.
- Mcdonald's french fries medium portion - Approx 380 calories
- Mcdonald's Big Mac burger - Approx 540 calories
- Chicken McNuggets - 46 calories per 1 0.6 chicken nugget
- Egg McMuffin - Approx 300 calories
- Filet-o fish - Approx 380 calories
- McChicken Sandwich - Approx 360 calories
- Quarter pounder with cheese - Approx 510 calories
- Baked apple pie - Approx 250 calories
- McFlurry - Approx 340 calories
- Sausage Burrito - Approx 300 calories
- Premium Caesar salad, with grilled chicken, without dressing - Approx 220 calories
Burger King calories
- Burger King whopper - Approx 670 calories
- Burger King french fries medium portion - Approx 440 calories
- Burger King triple whopper with cheese - Approx 1230 calories
- Burger King onion rings - Medium portion approx 404 calories
- Burger King chicken sandwich - Approx 630 calories
- Burger King veggie burger - Approx 410 calories
- Burger King vanilla milk shake 12 fl oz - Approx 300 calories
- Subway 6 inch tuna sub on wheat bread - Approx 530 calories
Dominoes pizza calories
- Dominoes thin crust ham and pineapple pizza 12 inch - Approx 150 calories per slice (1/8 of the pizza)
- Dominoes thin crust pepperoni pizza 14 inch - Approx 230 calories per slice (1/8) of the pizza)
Taco Bell calories
- Taco Bell soft beef taco - Approx 210 calories
- Taco Bell supreme beef burrito - Approx 420 calories
As you can see from the above examples that many fast foods are high calorie foods. Of course there are a ton more examples that we could have used for the above fast food outlets and many more that you will come across every day but you get the idea that these are an essential part of a high calories food list.
Salad dressings are another popular high calorie food and below we have given some examples of calories in salad dressing to prove that. If you are calorie counting then eating salad is great because common salad ingredients such as lettuce and tomato are low in calories, however enjoying this with a range of salad dressing is undoing all of the good intentions! Salad dressing is full of fats, oils and sugar and these are all high in calories.
Calories in ranch salad dressing
- 73 calories in one tablespoon of ranch dressing weighing 0.5 oz
- 137 calories in 1 oz of ranch salad dressing
- 48 calories in 10 g of ranch salad dressing
Calories in Italian salad dressing
- 43 calories in one tablespoon of Italian salad dressing weighing 0.5 oz
- 82 calories in 1 oz of Italian salad dressing
- 29 calories in 10 g of Italian salad dressing
Calories in blue cheese salad dressing
- 76 calories in one tablespoon of blue cheese salad dressing weighing 0.5 oz
- 143 calories in 1 oz of blue cheese salad dressing
- 50 calories in 10 g of blue cheese salad dressing
Calories in French salad dressing
- 73 calories in one tablespoon of French salad dressing weighing 0.6 oz
- 130 calories in 1 oz of French salad dressing
- 46 calories in 10 g of French salad dressing
Further list of high calorie foods
- Below is a list of high calorie foods in addition to the ones that we have covered in detail above. Avocado
- Cheesy chips
- Cream and cream substitutes
- Food spreads such as chocolate spread
- Fruit juice
- Ice cream
- Nuts and seeds - Although these are great high protein foods
- Olive oil
- Peanut butter
- Processed meats such as sausages, bacon and pate
- Spices such as nutmeg and poppy seed
- Vegetable oils
- Whole wheat bread
There are loads more high calorie foods but one tip that we can give you is that you should always read the label before you buy a product because that will always have a section with nutritional information on. This nutritional information will not only tell you how many calories are in the food but also the levels of fat and the vitamins and minerals found in it to.
More than list of high calorie food
There is much more to our website than just a list of high calorie foods so please take the time too look around while you are here. Each page that we have is specifically designed to cover a certain food or food group and will let you know the amount of calories found in these foods in different quantities. This page has been a guide to some of the highest calorie foods out there but what you might also be interested in is which foods are low in calories, so please check that page out as well. We hope that you can now recognise which foods are high in calories and that this will help you with your calorie counting goals in the future.