How Many Calories in Chicken?
Everybody likes chicken, well apart from vegetarians of course, but how many calories are in chicken? This page is dedicated to answer that question and that question only. Here we provide you with information on the calories for a wide range of different chicken dishes so there is something here for everyone. From how many calories in chicken breast and chicken salad to grilled chicken, there is loads of useful information here for you to take away for free!
Of course there is much more to our site than just information on calories in chicken so please take some time to have a look around at all of the other useful calorie information that we have on offer here.
Chicken is a white meat which is a very rich source of protein, it also has many essential B vitamins in, as well as a good dose of the trace mineral selenium.
Why would I need to know how many calories chicken has?
There are several reasons why you may be interested to know how many calories chicken has, but it is more than likely that this is because you are watching your weight and calorie counting. The desire to count calories is something that millions of people are deciding to do each day because it helps them to adhere to a regime that can see them lose weight. Calorie counting is easy and can be fun too. If you want to find out some more information on calorie counting and often wonder 'how many calories should I eat a day to lose weight?' then please take a look at our dedicated page while you are here.
We are now going to go on to provide you with the information that you are looking for if you have landed on this page and that is how many calories are in chicken.
How many calories in chicken salad?
In our first section we are going to cover how many calories in chicken salad. Chicken salad is a very healthy lunch or dinner option that is a popular choice both at home and on the menu of almost every restaurant you will find. Chicken salad is also something that commonly comes in both sandwiches and wraps. We have provided some chicken calories examples below for you.
Calories in chicken salad
- Chicken salad sandwich with mayo, 3 oz bread and 5 oz chicken has approximately 500 chicken salad calories
- A McDonald's premium Caesar salad with grilled chicken, but no dressing and weighing 10.4 oz, has approximately 190 calories in
- A Burger King Chicken Garden salad weighing 11 oz has approximately 290 calories in
We hope that the examples that we have provided for you on chicken breast calories have been useful. Next up we are going to cover the calories found in roast chicken.
Roast chicken calories
One of the most popular ways to enjoy chicken is to have it roasted. This is especially the case in the United Kingdom where roast dinners are traditionally eaten every Sunday, but how many calories in roast chicken? This next section is going to provide you with some valuable information on roast chicken calories.
- A whole chicken breast roasted with no skin weighing 6.1 oz has approximately 285 calories in
- A 3 oz serving of chicken breast roasted with no skin has approximately 140 calories in
- A 10 g serving of chicken breast roasted with no skin has approximately 17 calories
- A whole chicken breast roasted with skin weighing 6.9 oz has approximately 385 calories in
- A 3 oz serving of chicken breast roasted with skin has approximately 170 calories
- A 10 g serving of chicken breast roasted with skin has approximately 20 calories in
- A whole chicken wing with skin weighing 1.2 oz has approximately 100 calories
We hope that the above examples of roast chicken calories have come in handy when it comes to counting your calories. As you can see there is a significant different between the calories in roast chicken that has the skin on than when it doesn't.
How many calories in grilled chicken?
There are few better ways to enjoy your chicken than having it grilled. But how many calories in grilled chicken? Below you are going to find some information on grilled chicken calories to help you with your calorie counting efforts.
- In 3 oz of grilled chicken breast strips there are approximately 110 calories
- 1 KFC grilled chicken thigh weighing approximately 3 oz has approximately 165 calories in
- 1 KFC grilled chicken breast weighing approximately 5.4 oz has approximately 220 calories in
- A McDonald's premium grilled chicken sandwich weighing approximately 7 oz has approximately 345 calories in
We hope that the information that we have given you here on how many calories are in grilled chicken has been sufficient.
How many calories in chicken breast?
In this next section we are going to cover chicken breast calories. When you buy chicken from the store or even go out to restaurants to eat, you will often find that chicken breast is a popular quantity in which this tasty white meat comes in. With that being the case there is a very good chance that you could find a whole or half chicken breast landing on our plate, so it makes sense to find out how many calories in chicken breast.
- 3.5 oz chicken breast roasted, one half of breast, cooked with skin -193
- 7 oz chicken breast roasted, both halves of breast, cooked with skin - 386
- 3 oz chicken breast, one half of breast, cooked without skin - 142
- 6.1 oz chicken breast, both halves of breast, cooked without skin - 284
We hope that you have found the information on chicken breast calories that you were looking for in this section.
Rotisserie chicken calories
Finally we are going to cover rotisserie chicken calories. For those that are unsure, rotisserie chicken is a chicken that is where the bird is cooked on a mechanical device where it is spit-roasted, this is usually found in restaurants. So if you are curious as to how many calories in rotisserie chicken, please read the following information:
- A 4 oz serving of rotisserie chicken breast with no skin has approximately 35 calories in
- A 10 g serving of rotisserie chicken breast with no skin has approximately 12 calories
- A 4 oz serving of rotisserie chicken breast with skin has approximately 53 calories in
- A 10 g serving of rotisserie chicken breast with no skin has approximately 18 calories
We have selected many popular foods and provided simple to understand information on the calories found in them. Just take a look at the menu down the left hand side of the page for other pages that we have dedicated to calories in different foods, and all of the information that we have is free for you to use. The chances are that if you are interested in chicken calories then you are also going to be interested in the calories found in various other foods as well so please take the time to look around while you are here.