How Many Calories in an Avocado?
If you want to know how many calories are in an avocado then you have come to the right page. Here we have all the information you will ever need on both avocado calories, and also avocado nutrition.
In addition to just covering the calories in raw avocado fruit, we also provide some examples of avocado products such as avocado rolls and avocado oil.
An introduction to Avocados
The avocado, or 'alligator pear' as it is commonly known in some places, is a highly nutritious fruit grown in the warm climates of places like the USA, Mexico, the West Indies and Guatemala. There are many wonderful nutritional benefits that can be obtained from eating avocados, along with the fact it is high in unsaturated fats that are good for you.
It may have a few more calories than other popular fruits such as apples and oranges, but it is a well known super food because of all the nutritional pros. These are shown further down the page after we cover avocado calories.
How many calories does an avocado have?
So how many calories does an avocado have? This is where you are going to find out, not just for the raw fruit, but also some other common avocado products.
- In 1 oz of raw avocado fruit there are 45 calories
- In 10 g of raw avocado there are 16 calories
- In 100 g of raw avocado there are 160 calories
In a whole fruit, inc Florida, California and all commercial varieties of avocado
- In 1 201 g avocado there are 322 cal.
Calories in a cup of avocado?
- In an 5.1 oz cup of sliced avocado there are 235 calories
- In an 8.1 oz cup of pureed avocado there are 369 calories
Amount of calories in avocado oil?
- In a 0.5 oz tablespoon of avocado oil there are 124 calories
- In 1 oz of avocado oil there are 251 calories
- In 10 g of avocado oil there are 88 calories
Calories in an avocado roll?
- In a 12 piece avocado roll serving at Hissho Sushi there are 319 calories
Please note that the above information on calories avocados hold are approximations only. Calories in avocado products can vary from brand to brand, so it is always a good idea to look at the label as this will tell you how many calories are in the product.
Avocado nutrition facts
There are a great many nutritional benefits that you can obtain if you make the avocado a regular part of your diet, and this is where we are going to highlight them.
You may compare the avocado to other fruits and think they are a bad idea because they contain more calories, but believe us there are more pros than cons when it comes to the good avocados can do for you.
The following avocado nutrition facts are for 3.5 oz / 100 g of raw avocado fruit:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.067 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.130 milligrams
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 1.738 milligrams
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 1.389 milligrams (an impressive 28% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Vitamin B6 - 0.257 milligrams (a good 20% of your RDA)
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 81 micrograms (a good 20% of your RDA)
- Vitamin C - 10 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 2.07 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 21 micrograms (a helpful 20% of your RDA)
- Calcium - 12 milligrams
- Iron - 0.55 milligrams
- Magnesium - 29 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 52 milligrams
- Potassium - 485 milligrams (a brilliant 10% of your RDA)
- Zinc - 0.64 milligrams
Now let's answer a question that many people ask about this fruit, and many others, 'are avocados good for you?'. Fruits and vegetables are all good for you in a variety of ways, generally this is the fact that they are low in calories and high in nutrients. This example of fruit is no different.
We trust that you have found the information that you were looking for when it comes to how many calories in an avocado. If you have found this page helpful then you may also be interested in the information that we have on calories in various other fruits.
Please see the menu on the left hand side of the page for all of the different foods and beverages that we have covered. If you don't have the time now, why not bookmark us so that you can come back at a later date?