How Many Calories in Mushrooms?
Although many people will refer to mushrooms as a vegetable, it is in actual fact a fungus. This page is committed to providing you with all of the information you need when it comes to calories in mushrooms. We have a variety of information on mushroom calories, using examples of the common white mushroom and portabella mushroom, alongside mushroom soup, and a wealth of information on mushroom nutrition facts. We also answer a common question in 'are mushrooms good for you?'.
The benefits of mushrooms include the fact that they are very low in calories, and as far as their nutritional benefits go, they contain lot's of B vitamins and a high amount of the mineral selenium.
How many calories in mushrooms?
The below examples of calories in mushroom are based on raw white mushroom.
How many calories in a mushroom?
- 1 small raw mushroom weighing 0.2 oz has approximately 2 calories
- 1 medium raw mushroom weighing 0.4 oz has approximately 4 calories
- 1 large raw mushroom weighing 0.6 oz has approximately 6 calories in
Mushroom calories by weight
- 1 serving of raw mushroom weighing 1.3 oz has approximately 8 calories
- 1 can of drained mushrooms weighing 4.8 oz has approximately 35 calories in
- In 1 oz of raw mushroom there are 6 calories
- In 10 g of raw mushroom there are 2 calories
How many calories in portabella mushrooms?
We are now going to provide you with some information on portabella mushroom calories, both raw and grilled.
- * In a cup of sliced grilled portablla mushrooms weighing 4.3 oz there are 42 calories
- In 1 oz of grilled portablla mushrooms there are 10 calories
- In 10 g of grilled portablla mushrooms there are 4 calories
- In a cup of raw portablla mushrooms weighing 3 oz there are 22 calories
- In 1 oz of raw portablla mushrooms there are 7 calories
- In 10 g of raw portablla mushrooms there are 3 calories
Calories in mushroom soup
Here we show you calories in cream of mushroom soup.
- In an 8.5 oz cup of mushroom soup there are 204 calories
- In 1 oz of mushroom soup there are 24 calories
- In 10 g of mushroom soup there are 9 calories
There are various types of mushrooms and they can come in all different shapes and sizes, the above mushrooms calories are only for the most common white mushroom that you will find in supermarkets, as well as the popular portabella mushroom. There is not a huge difference in the number of calories mushrooms contain though. To find out exactly how many calories are in mushrooms you should check the label of the packet before you buy them, as this will always have the nutritional information on.
Are mushrooms good for you?
Like with any food you may find yourself asking are mushrooms good for you? The nutritional information on mushrooms shown below will hopefully highlight that yes mushrooms are something that can play a very positive role in your diet.
In our next section we are going to highlight the nutritional benefits of mushrooms.
mushroom nutrition facts
The following mushroom nutrition facts are based on 3.5 oz, or 100 g of raw white mushroom:
- Vitamin A - 0 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - 0.4 milligrams (an impressive 24% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - 3.6 milligrams (a helpful 18% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) - 1.5 milligrams (a useful 15% of your RDA)
- Vitamin B6 - 0.1 milligrams
- Vitamin B9 (Folate) - 16 micrograms
- Vitamin C - 2.1 milligrams
- Vitamin E- 0.0 milligrams
- Vitamin K - 0.0 micrograms
- Calcium - 3 milligrams
- Copper - 0.3 milligrams
- Iron - 0.5 milligrams
- Magnesium - 9 milligrams
- Manganese - 0.0 milligrams
- Phosphorous - 86 milligrams
- Potassium - 318 milligrams
- Selenium - 9.3 micrograms (an impressive 13% of your recommended daily allowance)
- Sodium - 5 milligrams
- Zinc - 0.5 milligrams
- Choline - 17.3 milligrams
- Betaine - 9.4 milligrams
- Protein - 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 3.3 g
- Water - 92.4 g
- Total fats - 0.3 g
- Sugars - 1.7 g
The RDA/RDI featured in this list applies to the average male adult and can vary due to age, gender and individual requirements due to medical reasons..
Find out loads more about the nutrients that are listed above by checking out our vitamins and minerals in food menu. We have a page for each one telling you exactly what positive contributions they make to your health, and highlighting all of the other foods that they can be found in.
We trust that the information that we have provided on this page in relation to both calories in mushrooms, and mushroom nutrition facts, has been helpful. If you would like to know more about the calories that are found in other fruits and vegetables, as well as a huge selection of everyday foods and beverages, please check out the other pages that we have listed down the left hand side of the page. If you don't have time to look around now, perhaps you could bookmark us and come back in the future?
Any feedback can be left on our Facebook page.